Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Things that make me smile.




The rainbow that I see after a rainy day.



Dinner with friends.

Deborah is on the right and she is an Alaska State Mentor for brand new teachers. I invited her over for dinner last night b/c right now I am being schooled by my students and I needed some, well... help.
Eight years of teaching and I am currently in the dark on how to run my classroom. She gave a lot of insight into what I can anticipate, where I may be going wrong and then what I am doing right.

It was a good discussion and it helped greatly after a day like yesterday. Well, that and her homegrown veggies served with salmon belly meat. Amazingness!

Today was rough but once again ended with good run with some of my students that are on the cross country team. I have four boys out of the eleven that are on the team and that makes me proud. They just make me smile.

And I needed that after seeing two kids ( at different times) run out of my classroom. And b/c I worry, I am constantly checking on the situation even though I have 15 others in my class still that need my attention It was quite the crazy day.

I am grateful that tomorrow is a short day as well as Friday. It gives me some more breathing room and time to process that this will happen b/c it is the norm here. Take off like the wind, never to return til the next morning- or afternoon. AS long as there is someone to teach in the morning- I will be ok:)

No comments:

Post a Comment