Here is my view from this morning- a little stormy, a little windy.
I met a lot of the villagers around 9:00 when the new teachers took off for the post office to collect our tubs, totes, boxes, things that look like they once were boxes, and ALSO to get a new address:
Jill D. Phillips
PO Box 165
Nunapitchuk, AK 99641
Anyone feeling like sending me coffee- I give you permission-hint, hint.
Oh, the villagers. I meet a lot of them and they were PLEASANT!
"Welcome home!" was the most amazing thing I have ever heard and the smiles that came with that welcome...well, I was just soaking it in. Their kids were however sad that their teachers were returning, but I guess I can understand that:) I just have to remember to lower my voice so as to avoid the loud teacher label. I have to literally bend over to hear what someone might be saying to me because everyone is soft spoken.
Following that we went grocery shopping and were pleasantly surprised at what the store offered, but not so much at the prices. Amazon and trips to Bethel will hopefully take care of my grocery needs.
Tomorrow will bring new challenges as I do not have a classroom yet and being a teacher, that is putting me a little over the edge. I hope that within the next 24 hours things will be taken care of as my favorite part of teaching (besides the obvious) is putting my classroom together.
I guess we shall see:)
No comments:
Post a Comment