As in that is much more like it....I didn't have to really have a chat with my students today. I just rolled into the classroom, and remembered a tip that one of my friends shared with me over this weekend.
Keep your cool. Our students are like FBI trained wannabes. They can easily tell if you are hiding something or forcing yourself to stay calm even though you are not.
Well. That is not good. I thought I had it covered when I would tell myself be calm. Rather than using my own willpower to stay in a peaceful state, I was told to now try and handle things with a cool detachment.
It worked. I had to put out a few small fires, but once I trusted the strategy that if I simply stated the expectation and then walk away, it more often than not was enough to see that expectation met.
Strange. But this was one of those rewarding days that I hear others experience more often than I do, but we are continuing to slowly and surely make progress.
If only they knew that I do this b/c I care-lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment