Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional,

and mental states. ~Carol Welch

How true that last part is.

I haven't really had a desire to work out that much since I arrived in Alaska simply b/c I have found my self to be drained of any real energy by the time 3:45 rolls around and my students are out the door.

However, after seeing online how many of my friends are making the effort to exercise in Morocco and as well as those on the East Coast-( Miss. Lea:) I thought I get back into the groove.

So, Monday- 3 miles. Not what I was expecting simply b/c I thought 1 mile would be all that I could do...but there was so much going on in my mind that I just kept on running until there was nothing left to think about. I am also thinking that Hawaii is beginning to play into this a little bit as well;)




Anyways, all that to say- here's our version of a gym, inside an old classroom ( I think you know can see why I think about school so much esp. when I am working out in a classroom) and I am hoping that this acts as one of my remedies out here in the tundra!

No comments:

Post a Comment