Woke up.
Walked to school at 7:30 with an amazing view of the stars above. It kind of freaked me out for a moment. It was so dark and the sky was so clear that it reminded me of my nights camping this last summer with friends. When I looked up I found myself thinking, "What time is it really? 2 a.m.?
I continued onto school and when I walked into the building it was cold. Freezing cold. No one turned on the heater and I was considering going back home and grabbing my electric heating pad. I didn't. But I should've. It took about 3 hours for that place to heat up.
Lesson learned.
On Mondays I will be walking around with the heating pad attached like an IV.
But...things always get better. It was an SIS day- meaning no kids ( and I love my kids, but I also love my sanity) and so I sat down with my computer looking up potential Halloween costumes that are kid friendly and yet give me an excuse to be as silly as possible. Amy and I are gonna shine like....you'll have to wait and see:)
Well, during that time, and I can't even recount what really happened, all I know is that I won one hundred dollars to spend on something. I don't know if it's food, shoes, heat...but I won something, and in Alaska of all places.
I was floating until I received a message from another staff member. On it was written:
Re: Your missing credit card
Call: Carol at the DO
What the? I am missing a credit card? Nah. Not me.
But I called.
And I was wrong.
It was mine.
It was found.
All I can say is that I am thankful I didn't know that it was MIA for 7 days. I believe that would've put a monkey wrench in an already not so smooth running week....kids screaming, me running from kids screaming, etc.
Thank goodness. It's a good thing the DO and I have a solid relationship right now. Or else someone else may be flying home today and not me.
Lots of lessons learned today. Travel with attached heat and credit card.
Or just work with good people who will take care of you on those days when you obviously can't take care of yourself:)
No comments:
Post a Comment