Saturday, March 31, 2012

Quotes of the Day

I am sitting here at my computer typing in the last of the attendance as my students are wrapping up the last 15 minutes of their day. They are just chatting with each other whilst working on a critical thinking assignment.
I was laughing so hard inside, I had to record some of their random statements.

Ms. Phillips, what year were you born in? 1990 what?

Can we ask your mother?

How about 1970- she must be like 46 or something!

Are you an elder?

C'mon, Ms. Phillips, at the end of the year, you'll tell us, right?

What kind of lotion are you wearing- you look younger.

Me: I am not sharing with you my age... compliments will get you nowhere. Keep working on your assignment.

A few moments later.

Student A: I am the way I am...not loose, not tight, just right.

Student B: You are a moose.

Student C: FOOTLOOSE!

All students: NAAAAHHHHH.

Student: Ms. Phillips (followed by a whistle).

Me: Did you just whistle at me? Cue evil eye.

Student: Uh, nooooo?

And b/c I have 6th graders- a fart follows the confused look.

A few moments later....

Student Z: You want to come to my magic clubhouse, you'll need the magic word.

Student imitates a moose.

Students: Holy Cow, what word is that?



I was so tired today, but these last few moments really did wake me up...they are so random sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment