Saturday, March 17, 2012

Every man can transform the world...

 from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.
Irving Wallace




Excitement all around b/c it's my birthday and I like to rock it for my birthday- last year Paris, the year Juneau. In order to make this happen, a few things needed to happen:
- Dog taken care of- Check. Rachel, Caitlin & Nate's place is well, the place to be. I am grateful for their willingness to house my Bogey until I return. This is no small feat...his crate is the size of Montana and so is he. But I know that he loves to be in the presence of others and this is perfect for him.
-Birthday presents from friends & family- Check. Love the gifts---thanks to all:)


-Flight out-Check. The flight was on weather hold for an hour. I should've known better b/c this is always the case, but c'est la vie. Once Yute arrived, we loaded onto the place, and off we went. It was an exciting ride simply b/c the visibility was not so great and our pilot was given notice that a caravan was coming in and we were supposed to locate it and fall in line behind it. Doable if one can see it...which led to some incredibly sharp turns in the plane where I actually was looking directly face down at the ground below until the plane popped out of the clouds and we could follow it in. Once we landed, our bush pilot was quite pleased with his landing, as was I! Nothing like a little bit of a roller coaster ride to start one's journey, right?
-Second flight out- Check. After finding my P.I.C. -Amanda, we got on the Alaska Airlines flight out and I was soon surrounded by a handful of Yute pilots which made the flight in a rather fun one simply b/c the stories they were sharing with me were quite funny. Plus, it always helps to get the phone number from one if something ever goes wrong- just saying.
-Meet up with Mrs. Darby- Check. This girl was a breath of fresh air. It was a great time of laughter, good coffee, a great night's sleep, time w/ baby and more laughter .
Record snowfall. 



Flight out to Juneau...Check!


Cordova 
Mountain o'snow.
Flight into Juneau.




Looking forward to posting more pics of this beautiful place!


No comments:

Post a Comment