Good surprise- an addition has been made to my bracelet family today. One of the teacher's aides has brought another smile to my face with this beautiful piece. It is my favorite and I am so grateful for her skills simply b/c I opted out of Camai - the festival that will take place in Bethel this weekend. There one can pick up some amazing cultural pieces- but I am quite happy with the ones wrapped around my wrist. Not only that but great teachers took care of Bogart last weekend and since I have been gone twice in the last couple of weeks- I am looking forward to hanging out w/ him and catching up on work and applications. It is also my hope that with the help of another teacher in a close village- I will be able to make a quick visit over there and check it out- we shall see! That kind of trip is a little more doable as I can take the dog with me....the trip to Bethel even in this kind of weather is worth it, but I am kind of happy to not have to worry about sleeping on the floor.
Not so happy surprise- the DO sent over the Superintendent to check up on the school- this happens every year as one of three top dogs make their rounds within the village schools. I was "ready" in that my class was somewhat cleaned and my students were "somewhat" behaving- it's just that I am always apprehensive about what someone thinks when they walk into my classroom, esp. when one of my students decides to start yet another fight whilst on a bathroom break- good times! So that being said- everyday is a roller coaster of surprises- I do hope and pray that tomorrow goes a tad bit better.
No comments:
Post a Comment