Sunday, April 1, 2012
Next Adventure: Toksook Bay
I can't seem to sit in one spot for too long. This is a problem for my current professional profile.
To some, working in different cultural locations shows flexibility and a desire to see how the global community varies in its thinking on language learning and education.
To others, it looks like I just go where the wind blows.
Now I know that is not so much the case- I go when I feel like one door closes and another one opens. There has, yet again, been only one door that has opened. This is ALWAYS the case for me.
I have to trust that this is the next place for me. I was asked through a few emails to reconsider my resignation and after thinking and praying through my current circumstances, this just seemed to be what God has in place for me.
I took it b/c:
1. I need to work on my current Alaska certificate- this can be paid for by my current school district.
2. My dog is one of three dog breeds that require a letter from a current apt. manager stating that he has not destroyed his home over the period of a year- I have only had him for one month.
3.This is a 4th grade position- it's the last one that I have yet to teach- all others I have taught in with the exception of kindergarten, and 4th grade is the one that I am really interested in- even though this school is adopting a dual language program- so who really knows which kids will be in my class.
4. I have- hopefully - a good friend teaching in the nearby village- and the possibility of another great roommate. I have been blessed with a couple years of good roommates!
5. It's another adventure, right? I know it won't be easy- but the blog to come might be filled with a little more cultural insight and beautiful pictures of the Bering Sea and extreme weather-lol.
So here's to good experience in Nunap with the help of some excellent colleagues, and the upcoming departure of one village into the arrival of another one:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment