I was in the staff lounge today scarfing down my lunch (running home to take care of my pup only leaves me about 3 minutes when I return to eat) when I looked at the calendar on the wall and noticed that there are only nine weeks left.
Wow. I have almost completed one full year of teaching in a place where being flexible is pretty much mandatory.
Knowing that next year will bring change is exciting, but starting off another morning with an intense fight even before my students walk through the classroom door is very upsetting. Tomorrow, I get a student back that was been suspended for two weeks for starting a fight with a staff member. And sadly enough, as he is ready to return, another is suspended for something similar. It gets old. Very old. The confusion, disorder, disrespect, craziness....yes folks...we have it all.
So that being said- I am looking forward to this weekend for my vacation getaway. Sleeping in, eating out, doing nothing, seeing everything- I am very grateful for a job, even though it proves to be quite the challenge- that provides escape amidst the chaos.
So here's to 24 more hours of school life! and then 96 in Juneau.
No comments:
Post a Comment