Friday, March 30, 2012

Learn something new everyday


Yesterday for our Art Class I had my students work on a project called Create Something from Nothing. And when I announced this to my class, I heard a student ponder out loud I don't think that's possible. Gotcha thinking kid!

So anyways- I gave them a few materials to work with ( paper cup, plastic glove, etc) and they needed to put together a picture of the tundra.

While they were working on their pieces I heard, I need more snow! MORE SNOW!!!

I asked why and his response was I have to hide the snow go- they will see it, they will see it!!

Ok dokey! After he asked properly I gave him more paper towels and then asked him what he was doing- his picture was of him hunting ptarmigan, using his snow go to get to the nesting area. Before he goes hunting, he covers the snow go with snow so the birds won't sense their presence- huh...

And when that conversation was done, another student rushed up to me with his glove that had blood stains all over it. Guess he was the hunting buddy:)

Today we have Saturday school, with parent conferences and who knows what else....so hard to pull off another new week when there is only one day to rest. Wish this was me today, with nothing to do but enjoy the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment