that my students were asking over and over to be given the freedom to visit an awesome site called BrainPOP- where they can watch animated short films on ANY given topic. Well today, I had a short history assignment for them and when the assignment was completed, I gave them the freedom to go and browse the website. What I found really interesting was that they were all, and I mean ALL watching videos that answered the questions:
What happens to your body when you take illegal drugs?
What is a divorce?
What happens when one smokes?
What is lice?
What I thought would happen was that they would be looking at the subject (math, writing, reading) videos b/c they are rather funny to watch.
Not what I was expecting. There was an actual interest in the topics mentioned above and it really captivated their attention for 20 minutes. Another rare insight into their world and what they are dealing with in their daily lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment