Monday, April 16, 2012

It's coming down to the wire my friends.

 This last weekend was my final small trip of the school year. It was great fun hanging out with some friends from college, driving around and getting things done, and just enjoying the beauty of Anchorage as the snow is melting fast.

And while I was away relaxing before attacking the final weeks of school and all that comes with switching villages- Bogart was spending some time with one of his favorite gals- Caitlin. It takes one very generous person to donate his/her time over the weekend to dog sit.

The best thing about Bogart's stay with Caitlin is that he experienced freedom on a leash. Now this is something I don't think I would have ever had the guts to do and that is b/c I read one too many stories about malamutes taking off and never returning as they were bred to run without looking back. Caitlin chose to trust Neqa and her retrieving skills- well, that and the fact that she can run and grab the 50 ft leash if necessary-lol, whereas I most likely would fall on my face;)
Glad to see that it is a possibility that now. My hand is grateful for the fact that it won't go raw as often now! http://vimeo.com/couchmode/user1488609/videos/sort:newest/40495771

And now we are off to the races- just a few weeks left to pack up the apartment, the classroom, take two classes that are necessary to complete my teacher cert. and somehow find a way to get Bogart home. Lots to do and lots to keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment