So this morning at the crack o' dawn I took Bogart on a quick walk since he would not stop talking until I got up out of bed. When we walked outside, I decided to opt for a different route as I was getting bored with him hunting for fish guts in the snow. Unbeknownst to the both of us, we stumbled across a husky balled up in the snow sleeping. Careful not to disturb him I dragged Bogart away, and Bogart decided to drag this dog's bone away.
Awake o' sleeping giant. Awake.
I felt awful as this dog started freaking out & barking. The only one who didn't mind was my dog who ran with his 50 ft. leash in the opposite direction. I dragged him back with supernatural strength only to deposit the bone back in its proper place and watch the dog lay back down as if nothing happened. Here's to hoping the owner's sleep wasn't disturbed...that might have limited the number of times I take him outside.
Tomorrow a.m.- new route.
This afternoon, we met up with a team of mushing dogs. The level of interest was not a two way street as you can see. Nothing to steal leaves little left to do but sit and stare apparently.
I can hardly wait for you to take up moose hunting since feeding that large dog of yours will take a toll on your budget. I'm guessing the dog eats considerably more than the owner:). Dennis Peters Can hardly wait for moose hunting pictures. Are there moose along the coast on your next teaching assignment?
ReplyDeleteI have to work on my shooting skills first:) I hope to see some moose soup in my classroom tomorrow for our Easter party though- but right now they are bunny hunting.
ReplyDeleteAs for the dog- his toys cost more than the food- he doesn't eat much- two cups a day:) Where I am going next has more whale and seal hunting...but I'll ask!