Thursday, May 17, 2012

Last full day of teaching....

Finito!

A little cleaning, a little bit of the movie The Adventures of Tintin, and an assembly wraps this day up 30 minutes before we normally let out.

My classroom is pretty much packed up thanks to my students that showed up today. Most of them received a giant cookie ( all organic) that I baked for them, and were pretty wrapped up in organizing and boxing things up for me. The strange thing was that every so often I would see "I will miss you" notes placed strategically around the room. And what was even stranger than that was that it was written by different students. So not what I was expecting considering how   little  positive feedback I received from my students throughout the year. But man- what a good feeling... and it was even nicer to see my students doing so well throughout the assembly and needing few reminders to behave as it was about 90 minutes long.  The ceremony was open to the community, and there was a group of parents present, but I was just hoping for more to show up. Perhaps next year, right?

Not too shabby of  a day, though, all in all. Now only a 1/2 day to finish off the week with two cultural days to follow. I feel pretty good about how much of my checklist is nearly checked off.

No comments:

Post a Comment