It's finally here!!!
The last three days have been a blur of cleaning, organizing and preparing the house/classroom for the arrival of new teachers.
That is why it was so good to be apart of the upper grades "Nunapitchuk NYO End of School" event. Nate and Rachel thought of ending the last day of school with athletic events that give everyone an opportunity to exercise and chat it up along the way. I had a blast taking pictures and even trying out some of the events myself. Unfortunately all my pics are on another computer at this time:(
And when the day was over, I said not "good bye" to my students, but instead, "Later- I'll catch up with you next year" as a lot of these guys will participate in the sports events and travel to different villages. Not only that, but it is very easy to see some of them in passing at the airport.
That being said- I did hear a few quiet good-byes and thank yous. My favorite being the last one from a girl that never ever ever ever ever speaks, ever. I got a quiet, " I will miss you." That was the perfect ending to my last day of school that wraps up my first year of teaching in rural Alaska.
No comments:
Post a Comment