Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Victory

Yesterday there was a moment where I felt like there wasn't a need to count the hours down til 3:45 p.m.

It was nice to sit back and watch my students do their work after teaching- all 13 of them. Sadly, a funeral has kept a couple of them home and I haven't seen them in awhile.

But the victory wasn't that they worked and stayed on task for the most part, it was watching my most challenging student respond in a positive way that made me want to jump for joy!

Objective: Clean up the room after completing an assignment.
Concern: Mess in an area that the challenging student  made by accident, but chose to walk away from and ignore- which I did the same.
What I saw: Another student go to clean it up, followed by him walking quickly over, stooping to the ground, and saying, "This is my fault, I will clean it up."

And he did. Now that is not to say that the war has been won, but a battle surely has been. I stand amazed at how the little things make a day feel a thousand times better.

Valentine's Day Post to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment