and the neighboring village alarm finally shuts off...
it can be quite the experience.
No light. No sound.
I was sitting on the couch talking with Amy after we wrapped up a phone call with a friend in Bethel, and as I was staring out my living room window, looking at the village across from us, the power went out.
It was so strange to go from seeing a village far away, brights lights and all, to nothing, but pitch black. I picked up the phone and immediately texted my friend in that same village, asking her if she has a flashlight we could borrow. Her response, "Our power was out last night and it was freezing cold."
Not good. Since I hate being cold. I then remembered that I had a head flashlight somewhere in my dresser, but I would have to find the batteries first. It took a few minutes, but eventually I was able to put it together, while Amy was brushing her teeth in the bathroom, using her computer as her source for light. After a few minutes, she noticed the oven clock was on, and we were happy that the power was back on.
Needless to say, we are purchasing a flashlight in about 17 days. The countdown is on.
No comments:
Post a Comment