Thanksgiving break was amazing!
After the community meal, ( school day ends at lunch time, and the staff serves up a meal for the community ) we headed back to our home, and while I tried sleeping off a head cold, Amy graciously cleaned out the fridge and make this tasty concoction:
Whatever couldn't be placed in the freezer was thrown into the oven. As hungry as I was, I passed;)
And it was all good until we called into Era to check out the weather status for Nunap.We were then asked why, and that is when we found out two hours before our 6 o'clock flight that both Amy and myself were not on the schedule to be picked up. And once that was figured out and we were picked up, we arrived in Bethel to find out that the fourth person in our group ( 2 more teachers from another village) heading out to Anchorage was not scheduled to leave with us, but was instead scheduled to leave two days later.
It never goes the way one hopes when it comes to holiday travel, right?
But someone didn't show up, and we were all on the full flight to Anchorage.
Once we touched down an hour later than expected:(, I hopped into Irene's car, and off we went to my home for the weekend. It was such a good time of relaxing, shopping, eating, eating, eating.... that I am excited to go back in February to do it all over again!
The girls, Kyla & Megan. They were so much fun to be around.
Irene and her amazing cookin'.
Pansy, AKA the current love of my life.
Well, she was the love of my life if I had something she wanted.
The view from the living room:
View from the dining room:
Thanksgiving dinner.
I believe that this was my first deep fried turkey.
I was really impressed with how good it tasted!
And right after dinner, Sean headed off to work and I was able to join Irene in watching Shane's hockey game. Oh, and can I just say that Irene has some awesome driving skills? She avoided a crash on the highway when someone spun out of control, and I was in no way scared b/c of how she handled it...I think I'll get some driving tips from her, and some gun handlin' tips from Sean next time I roll into town:)
Best entertainment ever! Better than watching a game on tv, or watching a movie. It was just fun to watch and cheer him on and just chat with Irene while the game was going on.
Number 20.
And back home for some warm pumpkin pie.
The next morning, Amy drove by and picked me up for some Black Friday Shopping, a massage, and as many stops at Starbucks as possible.
View from the restaurant. It was breathtaking.
A moose was just walking around in this park, but I couldn't get a picture of it, so I took one of the sky instead.
Downtown for the lighting of the Christmas tree.
Resting at home and enjoying the view and the good food/company.
Heading back into town for some additional last minute shopping before getting on the plane.
Love me some Starbucks!













No comments:
Post a Comment