My students usually want to huff, puff & blow my classroom down all day long. Then, strangely enough, when the day is over, I can't get them to leave. So then I'd have to something to the effect of, "I have a meeting." They obviously don't know what kind of meeting it is...but you can see that it involves some seriously important people.
Amy, my roommate, & Christine (sp?) the post office manager. Rarely do "meetings" make me happy, but this kind certainly does simply b/c rarely do I leave with empty hands.

We will be eating well tonight! And there is cause for celebration: I had control of the classroom. I actually saw improvement behaviorally and only one person was asked to leave for a period of five minutes. I can so clearly look back to the first week of school and remember thinking to myself, "Did I just miss something? Or did I just step into the Twilight Zone?" Papers being ripped, students running out the door, feet on the desks, stuff other than gum being chewed and then so kindly "placed" into the trash can, books being slammed, the list goes on and on. And today? Peace. Now I still have four gentlemen out hunting and when they return, things will change yet again, but for now- I can see the light. It was such a nice day, I thought to myself, "Jill, have a coke." Then I was told, "Jill, the grocery store was broken into again and it is closed, so no coke." Oh, well. Wishful thinking:)
No comments:
Post a Comment