I had my first lockdown here at the school today, and it was so low key that I still have no idea as to what really happened.
I was pulled out of my class into the hallway, told to go into lockdown mode, and that it was not a drill- seeing that there was a VPO involved should've been my first clue.
After the first five minutes of hearing absolutely nothing...my kids started to get antsy. Thankfully, one of the students started playing thumb wars with another student, which then progressed into arm wrestling.
Me, wanting to get in on the action, challenged the girls to play.
All was good and dandy until one of my boys got in line to arm wrestle with me, followed by two more. Thinking this was a good to keep them occupied without making too much noise, I was fine with arm wrestling any one of my students.
Stupid me should've stayed out of it, as I felt on the third round my back go into shock, followed by one of those headaches that follow a bad decision to act younger than I really am.
I still don't know why we had a lockdown and it only lasted about 30 minutes, but what I do know is leave anything that requires supernatural strength to the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment