around 4:40 p.m.- the time when my students have left the building.
So it did make sense for me to act like I had no brain in the evening once I got home.
I am not even sure I speak in complete sentences anymore & I think that that is b/c I am just out of it once I walk through the door of my home.
And then, just for added measure, I did this.
Here is our kitchen sink. Something is frozen and the fix right now is to stick a bucket under the sink and that way we can clean the dishes and what not until something down there unfreezes.
We noted this new change under our sink, and I then started working on the dishes. I am sure you know the cause and effect is about to take place here.
Jill's brain jelly + bucket under sink + dishes = full bucket of water under sink. I had no desire to take care of the situation that I had just created as I was about to sit down and watch a movie, so I put it off.
Amy, kind Amy, decides to take care of this problem and starts to dish out some of the water from one bucket into another so we can get the one under the sink out and emptied. I feel bad and go to help.
One needs a cup, right? To help dish the water out? Here is my dirty one that needs to be emptied first so I can use it.
So where do I dump this water so I can use the cup? Oh, right down the kitchen sink.
Amy was not happy. And I was clueless as to why she was questioning what I just did.
Until I thought about it. And then apologized, while laughing, profusely.
It is my hope that within the next few days the sink is fixed. That way I can go back to my old ways of not really having to think in the evenings before acting.
No comments:
Post a Comment