leaving Nunap.
I arrived into Bethel around 11:30 a.m. and was able to quickly make my way to the grocery store and grab about 100.00 worth of meat from Swanson's. I got on the plane to Nunap with Amy at 1:30 and 10 minutes later we arrived in our village seeing more snow on the ground and feeling a little bit more of a nip in the air.
I was told before inservice began this morning that the last two weeks have been cold ( obviously, as we are in the midst of an Alaskan winter) but to the tune of -30 degrees. Our home is warm, and there is still water flowing from the pipes:) I can't same the same, however for some of the other teachers who stayed her over the break and experienced some rather sad times with no water and all.
Let's just say that I am glad that I was in Boise where I experienced pleasant sunny days and then in Hawaii for it's summer weather.
We are back in the game folks, the game of teaching, and it started off today with inservice, a work day tomorrow, and another inservice day on Tuesday. It has been another hard adjustment for me, leaving the comforts of home and all, but I find that that which does not kill me makes me just a little more stronger. Well, that and the fact that we got paid today!
And since I am all about pictures- here's my 10
a.m. pic for the day:)
No comments:
Post a Comment