I just wanted to see what my students are looking forward to doing over Winter Break, and so I assigned them to write about it for their writing period.
All I can say is that great minds think alike.
What did I see on almost everyone's paper? A little about Slaviq- it takes place the week following our traditional Christmas. I know very little about this holiday, so I can't wait to have my students write about when we return, but all I saw in their writing pieces was that candy was involved. And I also read a lot about...
Sleep, rest, and my favorite answer...I will not work- at all!
Funny that I see sleep, simply b/c my kids on average roll into my classroom anywhere between 30 minutes to 2 hours late daily. But lately I have been hearing that there have been a lot of rowdy neighbors causing these kids to have a rough night sleeping.
Anyways- I am right there with them. Sleep is on my schedule, too. But before that happens, we are going to keep on plugging along.
*** And I know that there have been some prayers made b/c it's eerie right now. The strange yet amazing thing right now is that after a huge incident on Monday, my students are putting effort in and doing their thing, and all within respectful parameters. It's nice, and I hope it lasts.
So here's to another couple of days teaching. May the wind calm down, may my students calm down, and perhaps I should calm down a little, too, and not rush into vacation time. Or maybe just a little- it can't happen soon enough;)
No comments:
Post a Comment