The first being that anything sent through the P.O. may or may not arrive in a timely manner after leaving the lower 48.
It took me about 6 months for that reality to sink in... that anything sent to me in Morocco operated on a different timeline. Mail delivery is just spotty.
SO.....I was prepared (after reading MANY blogs on teachers and their experiences with shipping stuff up to Alaska) to have to wait 3 addt'l weeks to get my stuff.
The USPS told me to expect my stuff August 1. I just laughed and said, "Yeah, right."
I knew full well that I will probably be seeing them up there around August 15.
This was apparently something the gentleman who was labeling my tubs at the P.O found interesting. He decided to take my receipts, make a copy, and then track them to see when they actually arrive.
I wish we could all place bets. I am now thinking August 20th. If I shoot a little further out...I just may be pleasantly surprised.
No comments:
Post a Comment