Thursday, July 14, 2011

Feeling a little like this today.




In just a couple of weeks my life will change yet again and I will be off to yet another amazing place.

HOWEVER...before I step off the plane with everything I need in order to survive in this new place, I need to actually purchase my "survival" gear (i.e. Starbucks Coffee, comfy slippers, and then at some point stuff meant to keep me warm) and then pack it all up and ship it off.

It's getting a little crazy. I have my moments where I feel like I am making progress, and then I take a long look around and realize...yeah- not so much.

Two weeks. It's like pulling an all-nighter in college...I am feeling dazed and slightly confused.


Fortunately for me I have a new friend at the post office that worked in Anchorage and was quite familiar with the village that I will be working in.

He doesn't know it yet, but we are going to become BFF's starting tomorrow morning when I go back with my first 70 lb. box of books;)

After that I will continue collecting things that should make life a little bit easier up there until I return for 3 weeks in December.

Until then...my new homes are REI, Target and Sierra Outlet & just like my uncle suggested- it's a good time to buy stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment