Thursday, June 30, 2011

DING! You are now free to move about the country.

The last two weeks have been good. Good in that I am home. Good in that I have been able to enjoy some great American food. Good in that I have had some amazing coffee dates with friends.

It is just good.

It has also been hard. The last couple of months were a challenge in that my thoughts of I may be leaving, eventually changed to I am leaving. I left an international school that I really enjoyed working at, even with its incredible highs and dangerous lows. Saying goodbye to this stage of my life was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. It was taxing. There were many farewells, many tears, and many last glances.

Therefore, my first two weeks of vacation have been a time of regeneration. I was unable to do too much other than go back through my last blog and remember my favorite moments, look at the blogs of current Alaskan bush teachers, and eat.

Then there was today. My doctor's appointment- it was a rough 24 hours of preparation for it, but I now feel a little more comfortable making decisions about my new life in Alaska. Apparently I am good for another year! And what did I see driving home from dinner today- 5 hours after my procedure?



A map of Alaska that said Alaska Grown. Now that is certainly not something I can claim, but Alaska bound? Most definitely.

1 comment:

  1. We love you and will pray for you often. Praise God for a good check-up and another year of adventure!

    ReplyDelete